He's eight weeks old now, and such a good baby. Eats like a champ, sleeps fabulously (had a 7 hour stretch the other night!), and only cries when he's tired, hungry, or needs a diaper change. What a sweetheart. I love these days.
With all the breastfeeding he requires, I feel like I am eating us out of house and home (amazingly, I am still losing weight!). This week's menu plan is very frugal and comprised mostly of ingredients we already have on hand. It's the end of the month, and my grocery cash envelope was looking scarce! With rising food prices and my incredible appetite, it has been a stretch to stay within budget these days. Since I last shared our Less Project family budget, we have increased the grocery budget to $60/week. Even with that adjustment, staying within budget has been barely accomplished some months. Time for more beans and rice, folks!
Here's the menu plan for this week...
Dinners for This Week:
Monday--Fettucine Veggie Alfredo
Tuesday--Lasagna (from the freezer) with salad
Wednesday--Beans and Cornbread
Thursday-Creamy Corn Chowder and Biscuits --I have been making my biscuits with 1/2 white whole wheat and almost ALL butter (instead of half butter, half shortening) and they have been scrumptious...this week I'm going to leave out all the shortening.
Friday--Pizza Night (going to try a buffalo chicken variation) with salad
Saturday--Pesto Baked Chicken Breasts and veggies
And now on to goals...
How I did with last week's goals:
- Memorize Deut. 8:11-13. Not quite. I half-way memorized the 1st verse.
Finish Surrender and read 3 chapters from The Great Omission by Steve Saint. Do something special for Andrew (need to brainstorm this).
- Have 2 learning/activity times with Squishy. Only did this once this week.
Exercise x 3. Yes!!!! I actually exercised 4 times, since I'm trying to exercise every other day. I'm starting to feel less sore now. :) Walk with the boys x 1.
- Edit 20 photos from February. I edited 10 photos only.
Make a triple batch of Taco Meat.
Goals for this week:
- Memorize Deut. 8:11-12 (breaking it down into smaller pieces this week)
- Read 2 chapters from The Great Omission
- Have two learning sessions with Squishy (think I can pull it off this week?)
- Pack Andrew's lunch 3 days this week (and add notes!)
- Exercise x 3
- Make a quadruple batch of pizza dough.
- Clean out the basket on my desk.
- Edit 15 photos.
What's one goal you have for this week?
Linked to Menu Plan Monday and Money Saving Mom.