Top Ten Things About Hanging Out With My Family
2) Conversations. I frequently come away with conversations with my Dad encouraged and convicted to pursue God.
3) Time to pause and read. The rocking chairs on the front porch are the perfect place.
4) Did I mention that all that doting translates into free babysitting? Oh yes. Andrew and I went to see a movie together for the first time in a long long while--it was so much fun!
|Click on the picture to see it enlarged.|
6) At this current phase in our family life, there is a lot of dating going on (my 3 younger college-age siblings are in dating relationships). So there's the scoping out of potential (future) family members going on. I get this feeling that there might be a few spring weddings next year.
7) Perusing my parent's bookshelves. Some books they are currently reading include two books on Queen Victoria, The Great Omission, and a book on European history.
8) Playing games together. Speed Scrabble, Settlers of Catan, and Boggle are on the agenda.
10) Did I mention that I'm away from laundry, housework, schedules? Ahhh.
Next up, the beach! Here's hoping I have internet access. :) If not, I'm sure I can endure that trial by wiggling my toes in the sand or taking a dip in the pool!
I am linked to Top Ten Tuesday. :) Check out the list-action over there! I'm also linked to Finer Things Friday.